Questions to Ask Your Doctor
1. What type of lung cancer do I have?
2. Has the cancer spread?
3. What stage is my cancer and what does that mean?
4. What treatment choices do I have?
5. What treatment do you recommend, and why?
6.What are the goals of my treatment?
7.What can I do to prepare for my treatment?
8. What are the side effects and/or complications of the treatment?
9. How long will the treatments last?
10. What are my chances of recovery? Or—What is your opinion of my survival rate considering my cancer?
11. What other options are available— second opinions, cancer centers, clinical trials, and/or specialists?